Big Pegu Club’s Survey and Trip to Her New Home

Once we had agreed on a purchase price, we needed to get a survey on Big Pegu.  If it didn’t turn up anything that was a deal breaker, then we would finalize the deal and bring her home.  We searched through the two sailing forums that we frequented, found a surveyor who came recommended, and scheduled the survey for Thursday, July 30th.

Continue reading “Big Pegu Club’s Survey and Trip to Her New Home”

Spring will be here some day – I think.

Winter started out pretty well.  We had virtually no snow and while it was cold, it wasn’t too extreme.  Then late January came around and it all went to hell.  We’ve had three storms in less than three weeks, and while we’re not as bad off as Boston, it’s bad enough as far as I’m concerned.  Day after day of below-freezing temperatures, and no real end in sight.  March 1st is always spring in my mind, and it can’t come soon enough.  Hopefully we’ll have Pegu Club in the water during the last week of April and this will all be a not-so-distant memory.

In the meantime, we’ve been learning how to use our GoPro and we’re hoping to have some fun videos of our adventures on the Pegu Club this summer.  I decided to experiment with it this morning and make our first video.  There were a few things I would have done differently had I known, but this is a good first try.  Enjoy!